Introducing one of the newest SIGs within the OAUG! The Financial Services - Special Interest Group (FIN-SIG) shall fill a gap within the Oracle community for a support/ resource base for all new and existing Oracle Applications users who operate in the Financial Services Space (these include users in the Banking, Insurance and Capital Markets) and users who have interest in the specific modules Oracle provides for meeting needs of the Financial Services Industry (like Treasury, Risk management, Global Consolidation).
The FIN-SIG needs members who can help further the above cause.
BENEFITS TO ORACLE COMMUNITY:
BENEFITS TO FIN-SIG:
- Assistance to OAUG members in understanding various aspects/ challenges of the solutions available today for their specific needs in the Financial Services industry
- Ideas exchange / learning's from various migrations performed by customers/ vendors
- Inputs to Oracle Corporation to help support these users better.
BENEFITS TO YOU AS A CORE MEMBER:
- Provide direction for the FIN-SIG - worldwide, define charter, establish medium and long-term goals
- Assist in activities to attain defined goals
- Help enlist more members/ sustain the FIN-SIG
- Excellent forum to express your own ideas/ personal experiences on the financial services industry
- Help provide your organization- internal/ external customers better solutions to business problems
- Personal learning and a super opportunity to network
HOW TO JOIN?
- Only your commitment in terms of TIME.
CURRENT BOARD POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN OUR SIG ARE THE TREASURER, SECRETARY, NEWSLETTER EDITOR, COMMUNICATIONS CHAIRPERSON, MEETING CHAIRPERSON.
- REGULAR MEMBER
Occasionally follows SIG events/ proceedings, expected to be a recipient of information
- ACTIVE MEMBER
Follows FIN-SIG events/ proceedings more actively and also contributes inputs to these
- BOARD MEMBER
Active Member who has taken/ is willing to undertake greater commitments as a member of the core team managing the FIN-SIG including taking certain responsibilities within the FIN-SIG.
Please let us know if the idea of the FIN-SIG sparked off any interest within you? As a very new group, we actively seek like-minded members interested in assisting fellow OAUG members in the financial services migrating to Oracle. Do feel free to contact any of the Board Members at any time if you have any questions whatsoever.